Film Festival Intern
NFFTY is searching for an organized, enthusiastic, go-getting Festival Intern. NFFTY is the world’s largest film festival for emerging directors, which will be held April 23 – 26, 2015 in Seattle. Last year’s festival included 214 films from 30 states and 15 countries with festival attendance surpassing 12,000.
Ideal candidates will be working towards a Bachelor degree in Media, Film, Communications, or Public Relations/Marketing. Must be detail oriented with strong interpersonal skills and be able to conduct himself or herself in a professional manner in person, on the phone, and in writing. Preferred candidates will also be willing to take initiative on numerous projects related to filmmaker relations and festival operations.
- Participate in the NFFTY Selection Committee, reviewing films and contributing to the final selection process while working closely with Lead Programmer
- Support filmmaker communication and outreach
- Assist with acquisition of film files and respective content
- Participate as team member in contributing to programs
- Event coordination and operation assistance in relation to the festival
- Outreach and social media support as needed
- Expectation for event support during the actual festival: April 23 – 26, 2015
Qualified candidates with an interest and passion for film should know that this is a unique opportunity to learn about film programming and distribution and build significant relationships in the industry.
- Would like 15 – 20 hours a week. Schedule is negotiable.
- Exceptional communication/phone and writing skills
- Strong networking/organizational/research skills
- Interest in film, film festivals, and filmmaking
- A responsible work ethic, willingness to maintain confidentiality
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with attention to accuracy
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, and ideally WordPress
- Thorough understanding of social networking platforms
- Friendly and outgoing personality
This is an unpaid internship, however course credit may be available. Interns will work out of the NFFTY office, located at 1319 Dexter Ave North Suite 250 in, Seattle, WA.
Please email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.