Who’s Premiering @ SXSW? It Could Be You!01/17/2013
Passionate about filmmaking AND dedicated to making a difference in the world? NFFTY wants to hear from you!
NFFTY is proud to partner with the ONE Campaign and iStockphoto on One Thing We Agree On, a cool online video competition hosted by our partner Zooppa. The winner of the 22-and-under NFFTY Youth Video Award will receive $1,000 AND a trip Austin where their entry will screen at the prestigious SXSW Festival. We’ll also showcase the winner at NFFTY 2013. PLUS your entry will be eligible for the overall award categories, totaling $20,000 in cash prizes. (For a full list of rules, see here.)
Here’s how it works:
- Make a short film (30 seconds to 3 minutes)
- The concept is simple. Adversaries who disagree on everything, can agree on one thing: We all need to come together to fight poverty.
- Be creative! You characters can be athletes from opposing teams, a superhero and supervillain, feuding neighbors, or mismatched roommates. (For more ideas, check out the full competition brief)
- To make your films even better, iStockphoto is offering free credits towards video and photos to help tell your story. The first 500 registrants to submit a brief before Jan. 23, 2013 will get up to 250 free iStock credits to put towards photos, illustrations, video or music for their submissions.
- Sign up and submit your video at Zooppa, making sure you comply with all contest rules and procedures.
- Winning entries will be selected by a high-profile panel of film industry veterans and celebrities. We can’t name names (yet) but you’ll definitely want your work seen by these A-listers.
So what are you waiting for? Deadline is February 26, so get started and we may just see you at SXSW this year!