NFFTY 2015 Submissions Open September 8
What is NFFTY?
NFFTY is the largest and most influential youth film festival in the world. In 2014, we screened 214 amazing films from the best filmmakers 22 and younger representing 30 states and 15 countries, with over 12,000 in attendance. NFFTY 2015 will be April 23-26 in Seattle, WA.
In 2014, MovieMaker Magazine rated NFFTY as one of the top 50 festivals worth the entry fee.
Submission Deadlines + Entry Fees - Online Application and Film Received By:
Early Deadline: October 31, 2014 | $25
Mid Deadline: December 1, 2014 | $30
Regular Deadline: January 5, 2015 | $40
Late Deadline: January 26, 2015 | $50
**Middle East Waiver – Submission fees for NFFTY 2015 will be waived for any filmmakers from Middle East countries as part of a special showcase initiative this year. Email email@example.com with proof of residency to request waiver.
- The film’s director(s) must have been 22 years old or younger at time of filming.
- All music and other copyrighted material used in films must be properly licensed. See our Resource Guide.
- All films must be in English or subtitled in English.
All films (national and international) may be submitted into only one category:
Feature – any narrative film over 30 minutes in length.
Short – any narrative short film under 30 minutes.
Documentary – documentary of any length.
Music Video – music video of any length.
Animation – any form of animation, any length.
Experimental – any length film that does not fit the mold of typical filmmaking.
- Note: Public Service Announcements, Commercials and film trailers are not eligible for consideration in any category.
Awards & Opportunities
- Festival Awards – We’ll be announcing specific Jury and Audience Awards closer to the festival.
- Original Content Projects – In the past year, we’ve given out $100,000 in cash to NFFTY Alumni to produce special branded projects. Once you’ve had a film accepted into NFFTY, you will be eligible for these opportunities.
- At The Festival – When you attend NFFTY as a Filmmaker, you get to meet fellow young filmmakers from around the world, network with industry leaders and grow as a filmmaker. It’s truly a once in a lifetime experience.